Free and open-source application for deployment and management of operating systems.
OpenGnSys (Open Genesis) Project brings together the combined efforts of several Spanish Public Universities. OpenGnSys provide a number of free and open tools for managing and deploying computers. These tools supplies a complete, versatile and intuitive sytem. This system allows the arrangement, installation and deployment of different operating systems.
OpenGnSys architecture is flexible to adapt to the needs of different models of computer networks (companies and institutions) and can be used in different types of scenarios:
- Centralized management of ICT Units to Support Teaching and Research.
- Park Maintenance PC member of an institution.
- Deployment and maintenance of the servers in a Data Center.
- Administration of deployment repository for the Support Services ( help desk) of an Institution.
The specific tasks of configuration and modification of data in each computer can be made directly once the process image dump, without having to boot your operating system. So, yo can access to the information stored on disks. This is a significant advantage over other similar products, including commercial.
- OpenGnSys Project Description
- Install - Uninstall Guide?
- User Manual
- Development Information
- Who are we?
OpenGnSys 1.0.4 new features
Released OpenGnSys 1.0.4 with some new improvements:
- Installation compatibility with CentOS 6 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
- New OpenGnSys client ogLive 12.04
- Client agent running on Windows and GNU/Linux to control remote computer shutdown.
- Full support for GPT partition tables.
- Partitioning Wizard now supports more than 1 disk and GPT.
- Chain processes.
- Client filters to apply commands.
- Client log tracking.
- Optional plug-in to enable Wake-On-LAN using IP address.
- Better compatibility and bugs correction.
Security vulnerability in MySQL (CVE-2012-2122)
Security vulnerability in Samba (CVE-2012-1182)
OpenGnSys 1.0.3 new features
Released OpenGnSys 1.0.3 with some new improvements:
- Completed english messages.
- Installation compatibility with Debian 6 and Ubuntu 11.10.
- New OpenGnSys client ogLive 11.10
- Improved access to local cache.
- Client search tool.
- Windows 7 post-configuration.
- Better stability and bugs correction.
OpenGnSys in CeBIT 2012
OpenGnSys Project has been named a finalist for the open design contest organized by the Linux Magazine and we will have a stand at the CeBIT Fair from March 6 to 10 in Hanover, Germany.
Follow OpenGnSys Project on social networks: